Last Updated on January 5, 2022
The word “flexitarian” is a combination of “flexible” and “vegetarian.” A flexitarian diet allows someone to eat a mostly plant-based diet throughout the week, with a peppering of meat, poultry, and seafood dishes.
ButcherBox offers several recipes that can serve as a meat-based dish or be vegetarian-modified. To make experimenting with a flexitarian diet easier, we’ve provided meal ideas for five days of the week, but leftovers from these dishes could easily tide you over to all seven days in the week.
This is just a sample week, but you can also change or substitute week-by-week or day-by-day.
- Breakfast: Avocado Toast
- Lunch: Tarragon and Apple Chicken Salad
- Dinner: Sesame Salmon Soba Noodle Bowl
- Breakfast: Lobster Omelet
- Lunch: Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples, Hazelnuts, and Pecorino Cheese
- Dinner: Matzoh Ball Soup
- Breakfast: Smoothie
- Lunch: Big Green Fall Salad with Pears and Blue Cheese
- Dinner: One-Pan Cod with Tomatoes and Corn
- Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Toast
- Lunch: Shaved Asparagus and Frisee Salad
- Dinner: Sheet Pan Salmon with Broccolini and Sweet Potatoes
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts
- Lunch: Chicken, Kale, White Bean Soup
- Dinner: Pumpkin Lasagna
Kristina DeMichele is the Digital Content Strategist at Harvard Magazine. She is also a freelance copyeditor who has worked for America's Test Kitchen as the Senior Content Editor of Cook's Illustrated Magazine.