I’m always on the lookout for hearty, healthy soups – ones that make me feel nourished from the inside out. I’m a big fan of the chicken, kale and white bean soup, because it’s gluten free and combines filling, lean protein with lots of amazing vitamins from the kale. It’s also incredibly versatile, meaning you can swap in different types of kale, like Tuscan kale, or different beans like black beans. I know there’s already a ton of green in this dish, but I recommend serving with a simple mixed green salad on the side for maximum health benefits!
Chicken, Kale and White Bean SoupPrint Pin
- 6 ea ButcherBox Chicken Tenders
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion small diced
- 2 ea carrots ¼” slices
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ bunch kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 48 oz carton chicken stock
- Preheat Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Cut chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces.
- Add oil to Dutch oven. Sauté chicken, onions, garlic, carrots, oregano, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper until onions are transparent.
- Deglaze with lemon juice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add kale, cannellini beans and chicken stock. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Enjoy!