Breakfast sausage was originally created by farmers. They needed a way to get the greatest yield from their pigs, and this tasty morning treat was the answer.
Our version is simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and sage – no added sugar. It’s a delightful, protein-rich way to start the day.
Looking for more ways to use this versatile cut? Chef Yankel has some suggestions in the video below.
Sunny Breakfast Sausage Scramble with AvocadoPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Breakfast Sausage
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced diagonally
- ½ c sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ c roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ c shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 avocados halved and diced
- Preheat large, non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add ghee. Once ghee has melted, add breakfast sausage, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, or until scallions turn bright green.
- Add eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 1 minute, or until eggs begin coagulating.
- Add cheese, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Continue stirring eggs for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top with diced avocado and maybe even a little of your favorite hot sauce.