Breakfast sausage was originally created by farmers. They needed a way to get the greatest yield from their pigs, and this tasty morning treat was the answer.
Our version is ground pork simply seasoned with salt, black pepper, and sage—with no added sugar of course. It’s a simple and delicious way to start the day.
How to Cook Breakfast Sausage
The ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to cooking breakfast sausage, from sausage patties to mini meatballs.
Our Favorite Breakfast Sausage Recipe
This easy scramble is packed with protein and veggies.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Breakfast Sausage
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced diagonally
- ½ c sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ c roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ c shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 avocados halved and diced
- Preheat large, non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add ghee. Once ghee has melted, add breakfast sausage, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, or until scallions turn bright green.
- Add eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 1 minute, or until eggs begin coagulating.
- Add cheese, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Continue stirring eggs for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top with diced avocado and maybe even a little of your favorite hot sauce.