Breakfast sausage was originally created by farmers. They needed a way to get the greatest yield from their pigs, and this tasty morning treat was the answer.
Our version is ground pork simply seasoned with salt, black pepper, and sage—with no added sugar of course. It’s a simple and delicious way to start the day.
How to Cook Breakfast Sausage
The ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to cooking breakfast sausage, from sausage patties to mini meatballs.
Our Favorite Breakfast Sausage Recipe
This easy scramble is packed with protein and veggies.
- 1 package ButcherBox Breakfast Sausage
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil You can also use butter or ghee.
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced diagonally
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 avocados halved and diced
- Preheat large, non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add oil or butter. Once butter has melted, add breakfast sausage, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, or until scallions turn bright green.
- Add eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 1 minute, or until eggs begin coagulating.
- Add cheese, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Continue stirring eggs for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top with diced avocado and maybe even a little of your favorite hot sauce.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!