Breakfast sausage was originally created by farmers. They needed a way to get the greatest yield from their pigs, and this tasty morning treat was the answer.
Our version is simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and sage – no added sugar. It’s a delightful, protein-rich way to start the day.
Looking for more ways to use this versatile cut? Chef Yankel has some suggestions in the video below.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Breakfast Sausage
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 6 eggs beaten
- 4 scallions sliced diagonally
- ½ c sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- ½ c roasted red peppers thinly sliced
- ½ c shredded cheddar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 avocados halved and diced
- Preheat large, non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add ghee. Once ghee has melted, add breakfast sausage, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Add scallions, sun-dried tomatoes and roasted peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, or until scallions turn bright green.
- Add eggs, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir constantly with rubber spatula for 1 minute, or until eggs begin coagulating.
- Add cheese, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Continue stirring eggs for 2-3 minutes, or until they reach your desired doneness.
- Top with diced avocado and maybe even a little of your favorite hot sauce.