Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Sweet, tender apples, crusty bread, and meaty chunks of sausage stud this hearty stuffing. It makes a great side for a turkey or any roast.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Italian Sausage or Breakfast sausage
- 1 ½ c white mushrooms quartered
- 1 onion medium dice
- 1 fennel bulb medium dice
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 ea Gala apples medium dice
- 1 ½ c celery medium dice
- 5 c crusty brown bread cut into 1” cubes
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- ⅔ c apple cider
- ½ c chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Preheat large skillet on medium high heat, add sausage and cook until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions, mushrooms and fennel to skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add apples, celery, herbs and spices, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add bread, sausage and liquid and stir to combine.
- Place everything in large casserole dish and bake in oven until top is golden-brown and crispy, about 45 minutes.