Last Updated on August 29, 2022
This gorgeous stuffing combines nutty roasted chestnuts, perfectly spiced sausage, and toasty chunks of bread.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sweet Italian Sausage or Breakfast Sausage
- 2 ea french baguette 1" dice and stale
- 1 med onion small dice
- 4 5.2 oz pkg roasted chestnuts roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- ½ c white wine
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Place diced stale bread in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium. Crumble sausage into hot pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onions to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add herbs and chestnuts to pan and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce liquid for 3 minutes.
- Pour cooked sausage / chestnut mixture over bread. Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Grease a 9" x 13" cassarole dish. Transfer stuffing to cassarole dishe and bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.