Sausage & Roasted Chestnut StuffingPrint Pin
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 10 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sweet Italian Sausage or Breakfast Sausage
- 2 ea french baguette 1" dice and stale
- 1 med onion small dice
- 4 5.2 oz pkg roasted chestnuts roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh sage finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme finely chopped
- ½ c white wine
- 2 c chicken stock
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Place diced stale bread in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium. Crumble sausage into hot pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onions to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add herbs and chestnuts to pan and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce liquid for 3 minutes.
- Pour cooked sausage / chestnut mixture over bread. Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Grease a 9" x 13" cassarole dish. Transfer stuffing to cassarole dishe and bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!