Tacos. Meatloaf. Sloppy joes. Burgers. Ground beef is key in so many classic mealtime staples. That means it’s important to make sure the ground beef you’re using is top notch.
At ButcherBox, our finely ground, grass-fed, grass-finished beef has a clean and robust taste, with a ratio of 85% meat to 15% fat. Taken from the most flavorful sections of the animal, this beef features trimmings from the sirloin and chuck. Versatile and quick cooking, it’s perfect for quick weeknight dinners and more.
Epic Burger With 15 Ingredient Bacon JamPrint Pin
- 4 ea ButcherBox Burger Patties or Ground Beef molded into patties
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pack ButcherBox Bacon roughly chopped
- 1 small onion small dice
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ c bourbon
- 3 Tbsp cold brew coffee
- 3 Tbsp Guinness
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c maple syrup
- ¼ c ketchup
- 1 ea red onion sliced and separated
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 c cornstarch
- 2 c peanut oil
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp truffle puree (or truffle oil)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 ea sharp yellow cheddar thick slice
- 4 leaves lettuce bibb, romaine or iceberg - whatever you like best
- 1 ea tomato sliced
- 4 ea sesame hamburger buns
- Place bacon in a cold Dutch oven on medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy, then drain half of the bacon fat (don't discard the fat save it for a later use). Keep the other half in the pan with the bacon.
- Add onions and saute until translucent. Add brown sugar, garlic and dried spices, stir until sugar melts.
- Add all liquid ingredients excluding ketchup. Simmer on medium heat and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Place mixture in a food processor with ketchup and blend to a chunky jam texture. Refrigerate for up to 30 days or freeze up to 6 months.
- Soak red onion slices in buttermilk for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil in a heavy bottom stock pot to 350℉. Remember to be careful whenever frying. If you have a tabletop fryer this is the time to use it!
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove raw onion rings from buttermilk and discard buttermilk. Toss raw onion rings in cornstarch mixture. Do this process in 2-3 rounds to ensure each ring gets a good coating.
- Gently place rings in hot oil and fry until light golden brown. Let rest on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Mix all ingredients together, then refrigerate until needed.
Burgers and Fixin's
- Bring burgers to room temperature and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Add ghee. Once ghee is hot sear burgers for 3 minutes on one side. Flip burgers, place cheddar on burgers and sear other side for 3 more minutes or until desired doneness.
- Spread truffle mayo liberally on both sides of bun. Place lettuce leaf down first (this protects the bun from burger juices), followed by tomato.
- Place burger on top of tomato followed by a healthy spoonful of bacon jam. Top with onion rings and close that baby up and enjoy!
Grass-fed Ground Beef Tips:
- DEFROST your meat properly – overnight in the fridge or under cold, running water for 30 min.
- Dry your meat completely and bring to ROOM TEMP before cooking.
- Our grass-beef is best enjoyed MEDIUM-RARE (125°F). Beef continues to cook 5 – 10°F after being removed from heat, so when cooking on high heat, remove it from the heat source 5°F “early” (120°F).
- REST your meat. Serving it too soon means losing those delicious juices. If covering meat with foil to keep warm, cover it loosely so it doesn’t lose moisture.