Everything is better with bacon—ButcherBox bacon to be precise. Ours is sourced from heritage-breed pigs. Uncured and free of nitrates and added sugar, it’s hugely popular with members, whether it’s for breakfast, with a salad, or on a burger for dinner.
Drain it on paper towels or use that bacon fat for the most delicious green beans.
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
The ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to making perfectly crispy bacon every time using a baking sheet in the oven.
Our Favorite Recipe for Bacon Burgers
This recipe puts the bacon right in the patty for maximum bacon flavor in every bite.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ea avocados peeled and halved
- 4-6 ea burger buns
- 4-6 ea lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Bring burgers and bacon to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place defrosted bacon in freezer for 15 minutes and then finely chop or pulse in a food processor.
- Mix pepper, bacon and ground beef together and form into approximately 4-6 patties.
- For medium-rare, grill for 4 minutes per side, while rotating 90° every 2 minutes. Keep your meat moving to ensure that it cooks evenly. Remove from grill when meat thermometer inserted into patty reads 120°F.*
- Rest for at least 8 minutes.
- Rub avocado with olive oil and season with salt. Grill face-down for 2 minutes, with a 90° turn after 1 minute. Set aside, and slice when cool.
- Combine pepper, kosher salt, mayo, lime juice and chipotle paste and mix well.
- Stack your burger, avocado slices and chipotle mayo and enjoy!
- *If flare-ups occur due to the cooking bacon, move burger off flame briefly while flame dies down, then continue cooking.