You’d better believe that our bacon consistently sells out! ButcherBox bacon is sourced from slow-growing, minimally processed pigs. Uncured, nitrate-free, and sugar-free, this cut is hugely popular with members, be it for breakfast or with a salad or burger for dinner.
For a family meal that sizzles, wrap some strips of bacon around our chicken tenders, smother in spices, bake and enjoy.
Want to learn how to make it perfectly crispy every time? Check out Chef Yankel’s tips for cooking bacon in the oven:
Of course everything’s better with bacon. Here’s one of our favorite recipes that combine ButcherBox bacon and our grass-fed, grass-finished ground beef:
ButcherBox Bacon Burger with Chipotle-Lime MayoPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ea avocados peeled and halved
- 4-6 ea burger buns
- 4-6 ea lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Bring burgers and bacon to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place defrosted bacon in freezer for 15 minutes and then finely chop or pulse in a food processor.
- Mix pepper, bacon and ground beef together and form into approximately 4-6 patties.
- For medium-rare, grill for 4 minutes per side, while rotating 90° every 2 minutes. Keep your meat moving to ensure that it cooks evenly. Remove from grill when meat thermometer inserted into patty reads 120°F.*
- Rest for at least 8 minutes.
- Rub avocado with olive oil and season with salt. Grill face-down for 2 minutes, with a 90° turn after 1 minute. Set aside, and slice when cool.
- Combine pepper, kosher salt, mayo, lime juice and chipotle paste and mix well.
- Stack your burger, avocado slices and chipotle mayo and enjoy!
- *If flare-ups occur due to the cooking bacon, move burger off flame briefly while flame dies down, then continue cooking.