Mild in flavor, pork loin roast is taken from the most tender part of the pig. Not to be confused with pork tenderloin—pork loin roast is a larger, thicker cut.
This boneless roast is lean with only a small layer of fat on top, and it’s one of our go-to picks for Sunday dinners.
You can cook your pork roast slow in a Dutch oven with nothing but kosher salt, ground black pepper, and olive oil, or try one of our wow-worthy recipes.
How to Cook Pork Loin Roast
The ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to using a slow cooker to make great pork loin roast.
Our Favorite Recipe for Pork Loin Roast
This maple brine adds tons of flavor to pork roast and helps ensure a juicy result.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Loin Roast
- 1 c kosher salt
- 1 c maple syrup
- 1 small onion quartered
- ¼ c brown sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 c water
- 4 c ice
Mini Cranberry Pie
- 1 large onion small dice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ c brown sugar packed
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 c orange Juice
- 2 c fresh cranberries
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 9" round pie doughs
- In medium pot, mix salt, maple syrup, onion, bay leaves, brown sugar and water. Bring to a simmer, stirring to ensure the salt, sugar and syrup dissolve. Remove from heat and add ice to chill.
- Place pork in airtight container and pour brine over pork, adding water if needed to ensure pork is fully submerged. Refrigerate overnight for at least 12 hours, but no more than 18 hours.
Mini Cranberry Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to medium preheated pot. Let butter brown slightly, then add onions and cook until soft. Add sugar and cook to dissolve.
- Add cranberries and cook until soft.
- Add orange juice and vinegar and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and simmer until mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- Cut 8 circles out of pie dough, large enough to fill the cupcake tin with a small amount of overflow, and 8 circles slightly smaller for top.
- Scoop cold cranberry filling into pie dough, and cover with smaller pie top. Moisten edges and pinch to seal. (Brush with egg wash for extra golden color.)
- Bake mini pies until golden brown, or about 15 minutes.
Roasting Pork Loin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove pork from brine, rinse well and dry thoroughly. Place pork on sheet tray, rub all over with olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until internal temperature is 145°F. Let rest 20 minutes before slicing.