Over to Western Europe for this pork loin recipe! Sometimes you just want to toss a lot of fiber, antioxidants and some clean protein in your slow-cooker, walk away, and come back when dinner’s ready. I have good news for you – this tender, delicious combo of pork loin, sauerkraut and brussels sprouts will do just that.
Pork Loin with Sauerkraut and Brussels SproutsPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Center Cut Pork Loin Roast
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion julienned
- 2 lbs package sauerkraut with liquid
- 2 c brussels sprouts shaved
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs small red potatoes whole (quartered if large)
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Place potatoes in slow-cooker.
- Pat dry pork with paper towel. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add avocado oil to sauté pan and sear pork loin on all sides for 3 minutes per side, until golden-brown. Remove pork loin from skillet and place pork loin on top of potatoes in slow-cooker. Keep the skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and brussels sprouts to skillet. Sauté for 4 minutes, then place on top of pork loin in slow-cooker.
- Pour sauerkraut with liquid into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on high setting or 12-16 hours on low setting. Remove pork loin from slow-cooker and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving with potatoes, sauerkraut and brussel sprouts.