Last Updated on August 29, 2022
This hearty slow-cooker meal with potatoes and Brussels piles plenty of delicious flavor on your plate.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Center Cut Pork Loin Roast
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium onion julienned
- 2 lbs package sauerkraut with liquid
- 2 c brussels sprouts shaved
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs small red potatoes whole (quartered if large)
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Place potatoes in slow-cooker.
- Pat dry pork with paper towel. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add avocado oil to sauté pan and sear pork loin on all sides for 3 minutes per side, until golden-brown. Remove pork loin from skillet and place pork loin on top of potatoes in slow-cooker. Keep the skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and brussels sprouts to skillet. Sauté for 4 minutes, then place on top of pork loin in slow-cooker.
- Pour sauerkraut with liquid into slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on high setting or 12-16 hours on low setting. Remove pork loin from slow-cooker and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving with potatoes, sauerkraut and brussel sprouts.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.