The leg is considered the leanest cut of lamb. We consider it the most show stopping, too.
With rich, deep taste and unique size and shape, it begs to be the centerpiece of any holiday meal – but it’s not just for special occasions. You can take a Tuesday night dinner from typical to top of the line with this extremely versatile cut.
Don’t be intimidated to break out the roasting pan and give your meal plan a run for its money. Grab some olive oil and fresh rosemary, and get cooking.
Need inspiration? Check out the boneless leg of lamb recipe video below to get started.
Easy Holiday Roast Leg of LambPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Lamb Leg, bnls
Lamb Leg Rub
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ea carrots peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 ea onions roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 ea pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Mix all rub ingredients to form a paste. Spread rub mixture evenly over roast, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Discard plastic wrap and season lamb leg with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Bring to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
- Mix carrots, onions, garlic and fresh rosemary sprigs and place on sheet pan.
- Place lamb roast on top of veggies and roast for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Heat beef stock in large saucepan. Rest lamb leg on wire rack while making sauce.
- Place roasted vegetables and rosemary into saucepan with beef stock, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, discard rosemary sprigs before pureeing with immersion or stand blender.
- Thinly slice rested lamb and platter. Garnish platter with fresh rosemary and pomegranate seeds and serve with sauce.