It’s time to retire your grandma’s mint jelly recipe in favor of this exquisite mint pesto sauce.
The combination of honey, spinach, mint, and garlic makes this pesto a perfect mix of fresh and sweet to round out your lamb roast.
- 1 ButcherBox boneless leg of lamb
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic if cloves are small use 6
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups mint leaves lightly packed
- 1 cup spinach lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Finely chop garlic and rosemary together.
- Combine finely chopped garlic and rosemary with oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove lamb leg from netting. Try to remove the netting with out cutting it. You will use the netting again to roast the lamb.
- Once lamb is removed from netting unroll the meat and fully dry with paper towels.
- Rub garlic mixture all over lamb. Roll lamb back up and place back into netting or tie up with butchers twine.
- Insert a roasting rack on baking sheet, place lamb onto of roasting rack and roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn down oven to 325°F and continue to cook for 45-50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F for medium-rare. Let roast rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with mint pesto and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients into a food processor excluding oil. Blend for 1 minute on low speed. After a minute slowly drizzle in oil while still on low speed. Adjust seasoning if needed.