Last Updated on July 7, 2021
It’s time to retire your grandma’s mint jelly recipe in favor of this exquisite mint pesto sauce.
The combination of honey, spinach, mint, and garlic makes this pesto a perfect mix of fresh and sweet to round out your lamb roast.
- 1 ButcherBox boneless leg of lamb
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic if cloves are small use 6
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups mint leaves lightly packed
- 1 cup spinach lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Finely chop garlic and rosemary together.
- Combine finely chopped garlic and rosemary with oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove lamb leg from netting. Try to remove the netting with out cutting it. You will use the netting again to roast the lamb.
- Once lamb is removed from netting unroll the meat and fully dry with paper towels.
- Rub garlic mixture all over lamb. Roll lamb back up and place back into netting or tie up with butchers twine.
- Insert a roasting rack on baking sheet, place lamb onto of roasting rack and roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn down oven to 325°F and continue to cook for 45-50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F for medium-rare. Let roast rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with mint pesto and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients into a food processor excluding oil. Blend for 1 minute on low speed. After a minute slowly drizzle in oil while still on low speed. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.