If you haven’t been cooking with steak tips, this is your sign to start. These uber-tender hunks of steak are convenient, flavor-packed, and work well in all kinds of dishes.
Steak tips are most often cut from the sirloin, but they can really be cut from any part of the cow. These premium tips are robust and meaty thanks to the varied tender steaks they’re cut from, like tri-tip, Coulotte, and, of course, sirloin.
Full flavored and lean, these steak tips are delicious as kebabs with a smoky char from high heat, or braised in a soup or stew. Whether you marinate or not is up to you—you can’t go wrong!
How to Cook Steak Tips
In one of our most popular videos of all time, the ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to Korean BBQ steak tips.
Our Favorite Recipes for Steak Tips
No need for a marinade if you’re short on time—this super simple recipe features your favorite BBQ sauce.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sirloin Steak Tips or Premium Steak Tips
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ c bbq sauce use your favorite bottle or homemade
- Preheat nonstick pan on medium-high heat.
- Season steak tips with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the avocado oil to the hot pan and sauté half of the steak tips for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove browned steak tips and repeat process with remaining tips.
- Once second round of tips have lightly browned, return other tips back to pan and add bbq sauce. Simmer until tips reach desired internal temperature.