Last Updated on August 26, 2022
These tender bits of steak absorb a garlicky Dijon marinade, then get a dose of smoke flavor from the grill. Skewered with fresh vegetables, it’s a whole meal on a stick!
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sirloin Tips or Premium Steak Tips
- ½ c Dijon mustard
- ¼ c garlic minced
- ¼ c thyme chopped
- ¼ c parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
For the Kabob
- 4 ea 12” skewers
- 2 ea Japanese eggplant cut into 1” rounds
- 1 ea orange bell pepper (green peppers and red peppers work fine too!) cut into 1” squares
- 1 large red onion cut into 1” squares
- 12 ea baby bella mushrooms whole
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
For the Grill
- 1 c hickory wood chips
- 1 cast-iron smoking box
- Preheat one side of grill on high heat.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
- Place wood chips in cast-iron smoking box and place on hot part of grill.
- Mix marinade ingredients, including Dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, parsley and paprika, and massage into steak tips.
- Place ingredients on skewers in following order: Red onion, pepper, mushroom, beef.
- Repeat 2 more times per skewer and top skewer off with mushrooms. Season well with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Once wood chips are smoking, place skewers on upper rear shelf of grill.
- Turn grill to medium heat and close grill almost all the way to smoke for 10-15 minutes. Prop grill cover open with small rock if needed for additional air flow.
- Preheat grill on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Place skewers on hot part of the grill and grill until beef reaches 120°F. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!