These chicken thighs are sure to be a hit at Friendsgiving. This recipe calls for the season’s favorite pumpkin spice, bacon that can’t be beaten, and a little bit of patience.
But your guests will be very thankful for the effort you put into this seasonal dish.
- 3 pounds ButcherBox Chicken Thighs thawed, dried
- 3 slices ButcherBox Bacon diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cup white wine Substitution: chicken stock or water
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken, pumpkin spice, salt, pepper, and avocado oil.
- Place onions, dried fruit, and bacon in the bottom on a 9"x13" baking dish. Place chicken on top, skin side up.
- Place in oven and slow roast for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!