Last Updated on October 15, 2021
These chicken thighs are sure to be a hit at Friendsgiving. This recipe calls for the season’s favorite pumpkin spice, bacon that can’t be beaten, and a little bit of patience.
But your guests will be very thankful for the effort you put into this seasonal dish.
- 3 pounds ButcherBox Chicken Thighs thawed, dried
- 3 slices ButcherBox Bacon diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 cup white wine Substitution: chicken stock or water
- ½ cup raisins exclude for Keto
- 1 cup dried apricots exclude for Keto
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken, pumpkin spice, salt, pepper, and avocado oil.
- Place onions, dried fruit, and bacon in the bottom on a 9"x13" baking dish. Place chicken on top, skin side up.
- Place in oven and slow roast for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.