Our boneless, skinless chicken thighs feature the moist dark meat from the leg of the bird. Because they have a higher fat content than chicken breasts, you can get great crispy edges on the grill. Extremely versatile, they’re flavorful on their own and take well to any robust marinade.
It’s always chicken thigh season. Skewer them with vegetables for a summer kebab, or roast them with honey and paprika in the winter.
Our Favorite Recipe for Chicken Thighs
These chicken thighs have a tangy citrus marinade and smoky flavor from the grill.
- 3 lbs ButcherBox Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- ½ orange rind and fruit
- ½ lemon rind and fruit
- ½ lime rind and fruit
- ¼ c rosemary chopped
- ¼ c thyme chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- ¼ c garlic minced
- ½ c olive oil extra-virgin
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Grill
- 1 c hickory wood chips
- Preheat charcoal grill with coals placed on one side of grill.
- Place all ingredients for marinade in food processor, excluding olive oil, salt and pepper. Puree on high.
- Keeping the food processor on low, add olive oil in a slow steady steam. Puree until thick paste forms.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl. Coat with marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Place hickory wood chips directly on coals and place chicken on preheated grill surface over coal area.
- Cover grill and grill for 2 minutes. Turn chicken 90°, cover grill and grill for 1 more minute.
- Flip chicken, cover grill and grill 2 minutes. Move chicken to cool part of grill, return the cover and continue cooking until internal temperature on instant-read thermometer registers 165℉.
- Let rest at room temperature for at least 5 minutes before cutting or serving.
Bone-In vs. Boneless Chicken: When and How to Prepare Chicken
Chicken Thighs with Gluten-Free Apple Stuffing and Sage Pan Sauce
Grilled Chicken Breast and Chicken Thighs: The Essential Recipes