Who said you have to visit a restaurant for great-tasting seafood?
Our wild-caught sea scallops are sustainably harvested in the cold waters of Georges Bank—distinct for scallops bursting with mildly sweet, wildly delicious flavor.
Scallops cook quickly and can be complemented by simple flavors or rich sauces.
How to Cook Sea Scallops
The ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to easily searing sea scallops with just a handful of ingredients.
Our Favorite Recipe for Sea Scallops
This delectable recipe features simply seared scallops, bacon, a splash of lemon juice, and a drizzle of cream sauce.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sea Scallops
- 6 slices ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ea lemon juiced and zested
- 1 c heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place bacon slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip slices and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Once bacon has cooled, finely chop and set aside.
- Dry thawed scallops between paper towels. Let scallops come to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add ghee or oil to hot pan. Place scallops flat side down. Sear without moving for 1½ - 2 minutes or until you have a nice brown sear.
- Flip scallops to other flat side and add lemon juice, cook for 1 minute. Remove scallops from pan, set aside.
- Add cream, lemon zest and half of the finely chopped bacon to pan, reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly. Once cream starts to reduce return scallops to pan, keeping the nice brown sear side up.
- Finish reducing cream about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon crumbs on top of scallops and enjoy!