Calling all steak lovers! Extremely tender and well-marbled, the New York strip steak is cut from the short loin, a rarely used muscle.
You’ve probably enjoyed a New York strip at your favorite steakhouse or fresh off the backyard grill in the summertime.
Traditionally, it’s grilled or roasted and served whole with a rich sauce or flavored butter.
NY Strip with 5 Minute Marinade & Bruschetta SaladPrint Pin
- 2 ea ButcherBox NY Strip Steaks
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 c cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ small red onion small dice
- 1 c mini fresh mozzarella balls strained
- ½ c croutons omit from recipe for Gluten Free or Keto version
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- ½ c marinade
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring steaks to room temperature and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all marinade ingredients. Pour ¼ c over steaks and let them sit at room temp for 5 minutes.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl, and dress with remaining marinade.
- Preheat cast-iron skillet. Once skillet is hot, sear steaks on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side or until a nice crust forms.
- Place pan in oven for 5 more minutes, or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of steak reads 120°F.
- Let steaks rest for at least 8 minutes before slicing. Serve alongside salad and enjoy!