A butter-basted NY strip steak is tender and juicy with great beef flavor. Let it share the spotlight with roasted curry cauliflower, which gets an extra crunch from Marcona almonds.
NY Strip with Almond Roasted CauliflowerPrint
Servings: 2 people
- 2 ea ButcherBox NY Strip Steaks
- 2 c cauliflower florets
- 1 c Marcona almonds gently crushed
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 4 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Bring steaks to room temperature and season well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slowly preheat cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Mix cauliflower florets, curry powder, almonds, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper, then spread evenly on sheet tray.
- Roast in oven for 25 minutes, or until softened and browned.
- Turn heat up to high on cast-iron skillet. Sear steaks on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Add butter, and baste for 30 seconds.
- Place skillet in oven. Roast for 5 minutes, or until thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 120°F.
- Let rest for at least 8 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cauliflower and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Happy Eating!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!