Last Updated on January 29, 2021
A butter-basted NY strip steak is tender and juicy with great beef flavor. Let it share the spotlight with roasted curry cauliflower, which gets an extra crunch from Marcona almonds.
- 2 ea ButcherBox NY Strip Steaks
- 2 c cauliflower florets
- 1 c Marcona almonds gently crushed
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 4 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Bring steaks to room temperature and season well with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slowly preheat cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Mix cauliflower florets, curry powder, almonds, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper, then spread evenly on sheet tray.
- Roast in oven for 25 minutes, or until softened and browned.
- Turn heat up to high on cast-iron skillet. Sear steaks on both sides for 2-3 minutes per side. Add butter, and baste for 30 seconds.
- Place skillet in oven. Roast for 5 minutes, or until thermometer inserted in thickest part reads 120°F.
- Let rest for at least 8 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with cauliflower and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Happy Eating!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.