Dress up canned beans with an easy orange and oregano vinaigrette, to make this simple meal prep salad. Plus, its good cold or at room temperature. And of course: BACON.
- 6 slices ButcherBox Bacon
- 2 15.5 oz can cannellini beans rinsed and dried
- 1 ea red pepper medium dice
- ¼ c orange and oregano vinaigrette
Orange & Oregano Vinaigrette
- 1 ea shallot medium dice
- 3 sprigs oregano rough chop
- ¼ c champagne vinegar
- ¾ c olive oil
- 1 ea orange juiced and zested
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove bacon from baking sheet after and place on paper towels to absorb excess fat. Once cooled crumble bacon, and place in mixing bowl.
- For the vinaigrette put all ingredients in a blender excluding olive oil. Blend at low speed for 2 minutes then slowly add olive oil while blender is still running. Blend until emulsified approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the salad to mixing bowl with bacon and toss together.
- Portion for meal prep with Herb and White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts.
- With the extra vinaigrette portion to serve as a sauce with Herb and White Wine Marinated Chicken Breasts.