Last Updated on November 19, 2021
Butternut squash is not the easiest vegetable to cut up. Luckily, we’ve made it easier for you; even a pointer for removing the pulp and seeds. Use our tips to dice butternut squash into smaller pieces that are perfect for roasting or slice it into larger sections to bake or use in salads.
Here’s our advice for improving your knife skills to become a butternut squash master:
- Make it manageable: Separate the top part of the butternut squash from the fatter bottom section.
- Peel your squash: Find a stable place in your kitchen to cut your squash and slice it where the peel meets the flesh.
- Work with the shape of the squash: Save more of the squash to eat!
- Make sure your knife is in the squash before applying pressure: This makes it both easier and safer.
- Remove seeds easily: Use a large spoon to quickly hollow out the seeds from the middle of the bottom half of the squash.
ButcherBox Kitchen Team
The ButcherBox Kitchen Team works hard to give you confidence you need to pull off any kitchen endeavor.