Last Updated on July 6, 2021
For a quick snack that both adults and kiddos will love, whip up this sweet and spicy mixed nuts recipe in less than 25 minutes. Baking them with some sugar and paprika gives them a sweet smokiness and the bits of bacon add a savory surprise to every bite.
- 3 slices ButcherBox Bacon cooked: crispy, minced
- 2 c assorted raw nuts
- ⅓ c turbinado raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ⅓ c water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl toss all ingredients except bacon together. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. A silicone baking mat can also be used instead of parchment paper.
- Place nuts in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Give the nuts another stir on baking sheet and then continue to bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and mix in crispy bacon. Let nuts cool on baking sheet before serving or transferring to an air-tight container.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.