Bring classic barbecue taste to your chicken tenders with a sweet and sticky homemade sauce. There’s even surprise bacon in the wet rub, bringing extra savory flavoring to a not-too-sweet barbecue sauce that will have everyone asking about your secret ingredient.
- 2 lbs ButcherBox Chicken Tenders
- 4 12" bamboo or metal skewers if bamboo, soak in water 1 hour to overnight before using
- 2 slices ButcherBox Bacon
- 2½ Tbsp smoked paprika
- 4 Tbsp turbinado sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ c ketchup
- ¼ c molasses
- 1 sm onion minced
- 2 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat grill to have two heating zones, a hot zone and a cool zone.
- Place all ingredients in a small sauce pot and simmer until reduced by ⅓. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Place raw bacon in food processor and pulse until a thick paste is formed.
- Mix bacon and remaining ingredients in a bowl along with chicken tenders. Massage rub onto tenders and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Grilling Chicken Tenders
- Fold chicken tenders over and place on skewer. Approximately 2-3 tenders per skewer.
- Place chicken skewers in the hot zone and grill about 5 minutes. Flip and move skewers to cool zone, brush with BBQ sauce and place lid on grill. Grill covered for 4 minutes, flip and brush with more BBQ sauce and grill 2 more minutes in the cool zone this time keeping grill open.
- Serve with remaining BBQ sauce. Enjoy!