Last Updated on January 4, 2022
This sheet pan salmon with delicata squash is simple to make, super quick to cook, and is packed full of nutrient-dense foods:⠀
Salmon: Wild-caught salmon is a source of Omega-3 and part of a healthy diet. ⠀
Delicata squash: Squash is a wonderful way of adding digestion boosting fiber to your diet while being relatively low carb.
Pesto: This pesto is made with fresh dill and spinach, and is a great way to sneak in extra leafy greens without you even noticing. Leafy greens are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped dill
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 delicata squash
- 2 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons oil, for cooking (we like avocado oil)⠀
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. ⠀
- Make the pesto: combine spinach, dill, almonds, olive oil, and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the delicata squash lengthwise, remove the seeds, and slice into ½ inch thick slices.⠀
- Pat the salmon dry, and top with a layer of the pesto.⠀
- Lightly oil a sheet pan with the avocado oil and add the salmon and squash.⠀
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve with a big green salad.⠀
Jennifer Hanway is a board-certified holistic nutritionist, a certified personal trainer, and a sought after health and wellness writer, speaker, and podcast guest. Her work has appeared in O, The Oprah Magazine, Well+Good, and the Party in My Plants Podcast.