When it comes to delicious sea scallops, less is more. This 30-minute recipe makes juicy, seared scallops with a bacon and lemon cream sauce.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Sea Scallops
- 6 slices ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ea lemon juiced and zested
- 1 c heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place bacon slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip slices and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 10 more minutes.
- Once bacon has cooled, finely chop and set aside.
- Dry thawed scallops between paper towels. Let scallops come to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add ghee or oil to hot pan. Place scallops flat side down. Sear without moving for 1½ - 2 minutes or until you have a nice brown sear.
- Flip scallops to other flat side and add lemon juice, cook for 1 minute. Remove scallops from pan, set aside.
- Add cream, lemon zest and half of the finely chopped bacon to pan, reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly. Once cream starts to reduce return scallops to pan, keeping the nice brown sear side up.
- Finish reducing cream about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon crumbs on top of scallops and enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!