Last Updated on July 25, 2023
Shrimp scampi is classic for a reason: The garlic and lemon set off the sweetness of the shrimp, and, served over linguine, this dish still manages to be both light and delicious.
- 12 ounces dry linguine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 package ButcherBox Wild-Caught Raw Shrimp
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Reserve about 1 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, high-sided saute pan over medium heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter into the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink and firm to the touch.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine. Continue to cook, stirring, to incorporate the pasta with the shrimp. Add half of the lemon juice and all of the zest, along with the pasta water as needed to help form a glossy sauce.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and toss to melt and combine. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper and stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Add more lemon juice and serve.