Last Updated on December 13, 2022
A simple twist on a Thanksgiving tradition!
- 10 cups bread cubes (white, wheat, or sourdough)
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced yellow onion (one large onion)
- 1 cup diced celery (2-3 celery stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 lb ButcherBox ground sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Remove the bread cubes and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, melt the butter and add the onions, celery and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add to the bowl with the bread cubes.
- In the same pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up sausage while cooking. Pieces should be no larger than 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. Add to the bread cubes and vegetables.
- Combine the chicken stock, egg, parsley, salt, sage and pepper. Pour over the bread mixture and mix until bread is soft and moistened.
- Transfer the mixture into a large baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 65-75 minutes or until internal temperate reaches 165 degrees. If you like a crispy top, remove foil for the last 30 minutes.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
ButcherBox Kitchen Team
The ButcherBox Kitchen Team works hard to give you confidence you need to pull off any kitchen endeavor.