- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 2 c polenta or corn meal grits Preferred: Bob's Red Mill
- 3 c water
- 3 c milk water or stock can always be used instead
- ½ c parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking sheet pan with parchement paper and pan spray, set aside.
- Dice bacon into medium pieces. Place in skillet and slowly render fat on medium low heat. Cook for approximately 20-30 minutes until bacon is crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, place water and milk mixture in large sauce pot on high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once liquid is boiling turn heat down to medium and gradually add polenta, stirring frequently with a whisk so polenta does not clump and thickens, approximately 30 minutes.
- Once polenta has thickened remove from heat and add parmesan and crispy bacon. season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
- Pour polenta onto prepared sheet pan. Spread out evenly with a rubber spatula. Place in refrigerator and let it set. Overnight, is always best for polenta cakes.
- Once polenta is set, invert onto a cutting board. Cut into 12 squares.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat. Add avocado oil to pan and sear polenta cake for 3 minutes on both sides. Serve and enjoy!Chef Tip: Makes a great side for meal prep or dice into smaller cubes and pan fry for an alternative crouton for your favorite salad!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!