Remember how you hated brussels sprouts as a kid? This recipe will change your mind forever. And using Butcherbox bacon will make it that much better!
- 2 pkg ButcherBox Top Sirloin Steaks
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon diced
- 4 c brussels sprouts cleaned and halved
- 1 large russet potato peeled, medium dice
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 large white onion medium dice
- 2 c baby bella mushrooms quartered
- 4 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp clarified butter
- Remove steaks from package, pat dry, salt well and refrigerate overnight uncovered on a wire rack. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
- Place potatoes and 1 Tbsp kosher salt in pot. Fill pot with cold water, 1 inch above potatoes and place on medium heat. Once potatoes come to a simmer, remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat cast-iron pan. Add 1 Tbsp clarified butter and sear Steaks on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. When internal temperature is 125°F, set steaks aside to rest for at least 8 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp clarified butter to pan. Add bacon, half of the onions and half of the mushrooms, and saute 3 minutes. Add half of the brussels sprouts and let sit in pan one minute before moving. Saute until sprouts turn bright green. Add half potatoes and half vinegar and saute until liquid is gone. Set vegetables aside and repeat process for remaining vegetables.
- Toss entire vegetable mix with smoked paprika.
- Slice steaks thinly against the grain. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!