Last Updated on March 4, 2020
Try this modern take on an Irish favorite for a festive St. Patrick’s day dish or as a hearty side with family dinner.
- 5 slices ButcherBox Bacon cut into ½" strips
- 2 heads cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 bu kale ribs removes and rough chop
- ½ c chicken stock substitute with heavy cream for a Keto version
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Place cauliflower florets in a steaming basket and steam for 7 minutes or until fork-tender.
- While cauliflower is steaming, preheat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon to hot pan and sauté for 4 minutes. Add kale and saute for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place fork-tender cauliflower in food processor with chicken stock, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl combine cauliflower puree and kale/bacon mixture together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving dish and serve with your favorite Corned Beef!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.