It’s all about the crispy skin on these chicken thighs! The bake to perfection with mushrooms and onions for an earthy dish with sweet roasted tomatoes.
Mushroom and Tarragon Chicken ThighsPrint
- 3 pkgs ButcherBox Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- ½ c tarragon finely chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion medium dice
- 2 c button mushrooms quartered
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss halved tomatoes with kosher salt, black pepper and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet pan, skin-side up. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from oven. Peel the skin and chop roughly into 1” pieces, then set aside.
Chicken and Mushrooms
- Turn oven down to 375°F.
- Thoroughly dry chicken thighs with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat.
- Melt ghee in hot pan, place seasoned chicken skin side down in pan, sear only skin side until golden and crispy, approximately 5-7 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan, sear chicken in a couple of rounds.
- Remove chicken from pan, and place skin-side up in 9x13 baking dish. Save sauté pan for the next step!
- In the same pan, sauté the onions, garlic and tarragon for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock, then add tomatoes.
- Add mushroom mixture to baking dish, and bake for 1 hour. Serve with rice or package in reheatable containers for the weeks lunch!