It’s all about the crispy skin on these chicken thighs! The bake to perfection with mushrooms and onions for an earthy dish with sweet roasted tomatoes.
Mushroom and Tarragon Chicken ThighsPrint
Servings: 4 people
- 3 pkgs ButcherBox Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- ½ c tarragon finely chopped
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion medium dice
- 2 c button mushrooms quartered
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 plum tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss halved tomatoes with kosher salt, black pepper and olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet pan, skin-side up. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from oven. Peel the skin and chop roughly into 1” pieces, then set aside.
Chicken and Mushrooms
- Turn oven down to 375°F.
- Thoroughly dry chicken thighs with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat sauté pan on medium heat.
- Melt ghee in hot pan, place seasoned chicken skin side down in pan, sear only skin side until golden and crispy, approximately 5-7 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pan, sear chicken in a couple of rounds.
- Remove chicken from pan, and place skin-side up in 9x13 baking dish. Save sauté pan for the next step!
- In the same pan, sauté the onions, garlic and tarragon for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Deglaze pan with chicken stock, then add tomatoes.
- Add mushroom mixture to baking dish, and bake for 1 hour. Serve with rice or package in reheatable containers for the weeks lunch!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!