Preparing a delicious lamb meal is easier than you might think. Ready in 45 minutes, this dish features a mint and garlic rub complemented by a pan sauce.
- 1 package ButcherBox Lamb Rack thawed and thoroughly dried
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (we like avocado oil)
- 1 cup fortified wine Port, Maderia or Marsala
- ½ cup water
- 1½ ounces demi-glace (see note)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring the lamb out of the refrigerator.
- Combine mint, rosemary, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl for the rub. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Evenly spread rub all over lamb rack.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet (or oven-safe sauté pan) on stovetop over medium heat. Add butter and cooking oil to hot pan. Sear all sides of lamb rack for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Once lamb is finished, remove from pan and place on a dish. While the lamb rests, create the pan sauce.
- Deglaze skillet with fortified wine. Reduce by half on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add demi-glace and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Slice lamb rack and serve with pan sauce. Enjoy!