Last Updated on March 26, 2021
Preparing a delicious lamb meal is easier than you might think. Ready in 45 minutes, this dish features a mint and garlic rub complemented by a pan sauce.
- 1 package ButcherBox Lamb Rack thawed and thoroughly dried
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (we like avocado oil)
- 1 cup fortified wine Port, Maderia or Marsala
- ½ cup water
- 1½ ounces demi-glace (see note)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring the lamb out of the refrigerator.
- Combine mint, rosemary, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl for the rub. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Evenly spread rub all over lamb rack.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet (or oven-safe sauté pan) on stovetop over medium heat. Add butter and cooking oil to hot pan. Sear all sides of lamb rack for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place pan in oven and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Once lamb is finished, remove from pan and place on a dish. While the lamb rests, create the pan sauce.
- Deglaze skillet with fortified wine. Reduce by half on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add demi-glace and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Slice lamb rack and serve with pan sauce. Enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.