Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Here’s how to get all the best flavor into one pot: start with chicken thighs, add veggies, fresh herbs, lemon and chicken stock – anklet it all cook with nutty quinoa. Arugula pesto brings a bright pop of flavor and color.
- 3 lbs ButcherBox Chicken Thighs, bone-in / bnls, sknls
- ½ c lemon juice
- 1½ c chicken stock
- Tbsp 2 basil chiffonade
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c asparagus ¼" slices
- 3 carrot small dice
- 1 red pepper small dice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 5 oz package arugula
- 1 c Parmesan cheese
- ¼-½ c olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic grated
- Preheat a Dutch oven on the stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add oil. Season chicken thighs generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place 4 chicken thighs skin-side down in Dutch oven. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Sear for 6 minutes. Flip and sear for 2 more minutes.
- Remove chicken thighs from Dutch oven and let rest on sheet pan. Repeat with remaining 4 chicken thighs.
- Add carrots to Dutch oven and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with lemon juice.
- Add chicken stock, quinoa and and basil to carrots, and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken thighs and any liquid on sheet pan to Dutch oven. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add asparagus and red pepper, then cover and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Place arugula, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest to food processor. Pulse for 1 minute. With the food processor on low, add extra virgin olive oil in a slow, steady drizzle.
- Serve pesto alongside chicken and quinoa. Happy eating!