Last Updated on November 23, 2020
Revamp your Thanksgiving leftovers with bacon, kale, and sweet potatoes. This leftover turkey hash recipe brings mouthwatering flavor in under an hour.
- 2 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers diced
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon diced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 ea sweet potatoes peeled, medium dice
- 3 c kale rib removed, shredded
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Toss diced sweet potatoes in avocado oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet pan in single layer. Use two baking sheet pans if necessary. Roast for 20-25 minutes, periodically turning potatoes so all sides get browned.Chef Tip: Replace sweet potatoes with any leftover roasted vegetables also works great.
- Place large sauté pan on medium heat. Add diced bacon to pan.
- Once bacon begins to crisp add turkey and kale. Sauté to wilt kale approximately 3 minutes.
- Add roasted sweet potatoes and sauté for 3 more minutes. If the sweet potatoes (or leftover root vegetables) are cold sauté for 8 additional minutes.
- Season with the rest of the salt and pepper. Serve with eggs cooked your favorite way!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.