Last Updated on August 26, 2022
No one likes letting delicious ingredients go to waste. Save your leftovers from the bin and turn them into a savory turkey chili with this recipe.
- 3 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 sm onion medium dice
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 2 c butternut squash peeled, medium dice (leftover roasted squash can also be used)
- 3 Tbsp BB 5-Spice Dry Rub
- 1 15.5-oz can navy beans drained and rinsed
- 1 4-oz can green chilis
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 c turkey or chicken stock
- In a large pot heat oil on medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, butternut squash and BB 5-spice dry rub. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.