Last Updated on September 7, 2022
Warm, buttery lobster meat tops a golden brown, split-top roll for the perfect Connecticut-style lobster roll recipe. Watch and learn easy tips for cooking this comfort food classic, and see why not all lobster meat is created equal.
- 8 oz ButcherBox Cold Cracked Lobster
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 shallot – chopped
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp chives – minced
- 2 New England style split-top buns
- Preheat medium skillet on low-medium heat.
- Add butter. When butter is nearly melted, add lobster including any juices from package.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 minute, then add shallots.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until lobster is firm and springy.
- Add orange zest and chives, simmer for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Remove lobster from butter and pour butter into serving bowl.
- Use some of the butter to butter and toast the buns.
- Cut lobster into smaller pieces, place on roll, add a sprinkle of chives and serve with remaining butter.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
The ButcherBox Films team is Yankel Polak, Scot Yount, and Corey Nichols.