Frozen burger patties are already one of the simplest proteins to get on the table fast–and now it’s even easier, thanks to the air fryer.
Grab a patty straight from the freezer, season it, toss it in the fryer, and get your accompaniments ready while it’s cooking–you don’t even have to flip it.
ButcherBox Frozen Burgers are ⅓ pound, 100% grass-fed and grass-finished. With a ratio of 80% meat and 20% fat, they’re juicy and full of flavor.
Pro tip: Aside from lunch and dinner, we’ve been known to enjoy a burger patty with eggs for a protein-rich breakfast.
- 1 ButcherBox Burger Patty
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390ºF. Season the burger generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the patty to the air fryer and cook for 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how you like it. For medium-rare, check after 8 minutes; an instant-read thermometer stuck into the center should read between 120ºF and 125ºF.
- Leave the burger in the air fryer with the drawer slightly open for 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a plate and serve with any accompaniments you like.
- Because the seasoning on frozen meat doesn’t have as much time to penetrate, you may need to season your burger again after cooking. Take a bite to see if it needs more.
- You can double or triple this recipe, or more, depending on the size of your air fryer.
Beth Lipton is a Brooklyn-based recipe developer and writer specializing in food and wellness. Her work has appeared in Clean Eating, Paleo magazine, FoodNetwork.com, Well+Good, Outside, Sleep.com and more. Beth's latest cookbook, Carnivore-ish, featuring 125 animal protein-forward recipes, is available now.