These filets are roasted with an aromatic mix of fresh herbs and served with a salad that is earthy and fancy at the same time.
Herb-crusted Filet with Warm Beet and Bacon SaladPrint
Servings: 4 people
- 2 ea ButcherBox Filet Mignons
- 4 slices ButcherBox Bacon roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp rosemary chopped
- 1 Tbsp thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp tarragon chopped
- 1 c goat cheese crumbled
- 1 c cooked beets quartered and salted
- ½ c orange juice
- 1 c orange segments
- 2 cups frisée lettuce hand ripped
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ghee or avocado oil for searing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Season filets on all sides with salt and pepper. Preheat cast-iron pan and sear filets on all sides, for 2 minutes per side.
- Mix all herbs together on plate and press one side of filet onto herbs. Transfer filets herb-side up to sheet pan and cook in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until thermometer inserted in thickest part of filet reads 120°F. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 8 minutes before slicing.
- Place bacon in cast-iron pan and cook on medium-high heat until crispy.
- Turn off heat and add frisée lettuce to pan. Immediately add orange juice and any remaining herbs, as well as salt and pepper and toss quickly with bacon fat. Transfer to salad bowl and add beets, orange segments and goat cheese and mix to combine.
- Serve with sliced beef and don’t worry about the leftovers - there won’t be any!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!