Bacon and ginger make a sweet and smoky simple syrup for a charred-apple whiskey cocktail. A sweet candied apple slice is the cherry…er, apple on top.
Bacon Ginger Simple Syrup - yield: 2 cups
- 3 slices ButcherBox Bacon cooked until crispy, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 c turbinado sugar
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Gingerly Johnnie Cocktail
- 2 slices Granny Smith apples lightly charred
- 4 oz Bacon Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp ginger slices
- 4 oz Johnnie Walker Red Label
- splash of ginger ale
Candied Apple Garnish
- 4 slices Red Delicious apple thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Mix all simple syrup ingredients in a sauce pot and simmer for 10 minutes, Strain and chill.
- For the candied apple garnish, place apple on wire rack set in a baking sheet, top apple slices with brown sugar and broil until sugar is melted. Chill in freezer.
- Place ginger slices, charred apple and Johnnie Walker in cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add simple syrup and ice to cocktail shaker, then shake vigorously.
- Pour over crushed ice in serving glass and top with a splash of ginger ale. Garnish with candied apple. Cheers!