Last Updated on April 5, 2021
This easy recipe makes for one juicy, whole chicken. Grab your bird and a roasting rack and enjoy!
- 1 ButcherBox Whole Chicken
- ½ c avocado oil
- ½ c BB All Purpose Dry Rub
- 1 whole garlic bulb cut in half
- butcher's twine (approximately 6" long) optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Throughly dry chicken inside and outside with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl combine avocado oil and all purpose dry rub to make a wet rub.
- Massage wet rub on the outside and inside of the chicken.
- Stuff chicken with halved garlic bulb.
- Tie chicken legs together with butcher's twine. This step is optional not necessary.
- Place chicken (breast side up), on roasting rack placed on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350°F, baste chicken and continue to roast for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh but not touching the bone.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.