This easy recipe makes for one juicy, whole chicken. Grab your bird and a roasting rack and enjoy!
- 1 ButcherBox Whole Chicken
- ½ c avocado oil
- ½ c BB All Purpose Dry Rub
- 1 whole garlic bulb cut in half
- butcher's twine (approximately 6" long) optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Throughly dry chicken inside and outside with paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl combine avocado oil and all purpose dry rub to make a wet rub.
- Massage wet rub on the outside and inside of the chicken.
- Stuff chicken with halved garlic bulb.
- Tie chicken legs together with butcher's twine. This step is optional not necessary.
- Place chicken (breast side up), on roasting rack placed on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Then reduce heat to 350°F, baste chicken and continue to roast for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh but not touching the bone.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.