Follow this easy recipe for grilling a flank steak. If you’d like, you can experiment with any marinade you like—or grill it with salt and pepper and coat it with chimichurri after grilling.
But, we must say that we are fans of the easy-to-make, mustard and chive marinade below. So pick your own path to great grilled flank steak or give this recipe a try.
- 1 ButcherBox Flank Steak
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons chives minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Rub on flank steak, and then marinade in the bowl or freezer bag in a regrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill on high.
- Place flank steak on grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes per side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the flank reads slightly above 125°F.
- Let the flank steak rest for 10 minutes as it reaches an internal temperature between 126°F and 135°F for medium-rare.
- Slice thinly against the grain and enjoy!