Last Updated on May 2, 2022
Get pizza night started in only 25 minutes. This Tex-Mex inspired pizza features ButcherBox Complete fajita strips and delicious sautéed veggies.
The best thing about his recipe is that you can try it with all the different ButcherBox Complete fajita cuts, including ButcherBox Complete Beef Fajita Strips, ButcherBox Complete Pork Fajita Strips, and ButcherBox Complete Chicken Fajita Strips.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 bell peppers - any color thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 package BB Complete Fajita Steak Strips
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream
- cilantro leaves
- avocado or guacamole
- pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add cooking oil, peppers, and onions. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes—you want the veggies to get a little color but maintain their crunch.
- Remove from the heat and toss fajita strips with cooked veggies.
- Assemble pizza: Place pizza crust on a baking sheet or pizza stone and spread with jarred salsa. Add fajita steak/veggie mixture and top with cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese has melted and browned a bit, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with garnishes or keep it simple as serve as is. Enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.