At ButcherBox, we’re big believers in convenience. It’s part of the reason why our company exists, with a mission to make high-quality meat more accessible to all. We’re proud to take the idea of convenience to the next level with our new line of fully cooked products: ButcherBox Complete.
Meet ButcherBox™ Complete
These fully cooked products are perfectly prepared and ready to make mealtimes easier than ever—no more accidentally overcooking chicken or searing steak just a little too long. Made with the same high-quality 100% grass-fed beef and free-range organic chicken you know and love from ButcherBox, they’re cooked using a special technique to ensure ultimate tenderness and flavor.
More About the Products
Every ButcherBox Complete product is fully cooked and can be eaten cold right after defrosting (midnight snack, anyone?). Follow these tips for heating in order to ensure the most delicious end results.
P.S. Our Complete beef products (tri-tip, fajita strips, sirloin cap, and flank steak) are perfectly prepared to medium-rare, so please keep that in mind when heating.
Santa-Maria-Inspired Beef Tri-Tip
We love Santa Maria beef tri-tip, and this pre-cooked version is amazing in salads, sandwiches, or tacos. It is seasoned in a traditional Santa Maria-inspired dry rub with pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, sea salt, oregano, and a bit of sweet heat with cayenne.
- To thaw, place pouch in the refrigerator and thaw overnight.
- To cook in a skillet, sear for 3–4 minutes per side. Finish in 350°F oven for 6–8 minutes.
- On the grill, cook for approximately 4–6 minutes per side and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Montreal-Inspired Beef Sirloin Cap
This ButcherBox Complete offering features the well-known flavors of Montreal steak houses to your table in minutes. Tender beef sirloin cap is seasoned in a traditional steakhouse blend of sea salt, pepper, garlic, onion, coriander, and chili.
- Just like the tri-tip, thaw the pouch in the refrigerator overnight.
- Sear in a skillet for 3–4 minutes per side. Finish in 350°F oven for 6–8 minutes.
- Or, grill for approximately 4–6 minutes per side and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Grilled Beef Flank Steak
Tender beef flank steak lightly seasoned with sea salt and pepper, this ButcherBox Complete can be used in steak sandwiches or as a salad topper. The flank steak is also a great way to test your own spice combinations
- As with the other ButcherBox Complete products, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Sear in a skillet for 2 minutes per side, or grill for 2 minutes each side.
- Always allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Beef Fajita Strips
While we do love the crackle of steak sizzling in a veggie-filled cast iron pan, the amazing ease with which you can have these fajita strips on the dinner table makes us quickly forget the often long wait for our favorite restaurant fajitas. Lightly seasoned, this tender beef is perfectly sliced for fajitas, salads, and more.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then quickly sear in a skillet for 1-2 minutes.
Grilled Chicken Breast
With all the beef above, some of the meal options are limited. Not so with the ButcherBox Complete chicken breast. This tender chicken is lightly seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and parsley, and is as versatile as it is delicious. You might get exhausted by all the possible ways you can use this pre-cooked chicken, but your taste buds won’t tire of the great flavor.
- To thaw, place the pouch in the refrigerator and thaw overnight.
- The chicken breast has two heating options:
- Bake in the oven for approximately 5–8 minutes at 350°F.
- Or, grill for approximately 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.