Last Updated on July 7, 2021
This easy braised eye round recipe gives a new name—and taste—to roast beef. With inspiration from Latin American cuisine, this recipe is great for taco, burrito, or enchilada meat.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox eye round roast
- 1 Tbsp BB All-Purpose Dry Rub
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 c salsa
- ⅓ c red wine stock or water can be substituted1
- 1 med onion julienned, ¼" thick
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Thoroughly dry eye round once out of package.
- Heat avocado oil in a Dutch oven on medium heat. While Dutch oven heats up massage dry rub onto eye round.
- Sear all sides of roast, 2 minutes per side. Total searing time 12 minutes.
- Remove seared roast from Dutch oven and place on a dish. Turn heat down to medium-low and add onions.
- Saute onions for 3 minutes deglaze with red wine. Let reduce by half.
- Add salsa to onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Place eye round back in Dutch oven along with any juices that may have released from the roast.
- Place lid on and put in oven for 2 hours.
- Let the roast rest in the covered Dutch oven for 8 minutes once removing from oven. Slice and serve with rice and beans or just a simple salad. Enjoy!
- This is also a great recipe for taco, burrito or enchilada meat. After slicing place meat back in sauce and let it cook for 30 more minutes, covered. This will create nice stewy meat that is perfect for taco night!
- This is one of those recipes that gets better the next day. So make ahead for the week for rice or noodle bowls.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.