Imagine a pristine natural treasure where the Alaskan Peninsula meets the Bering Sea. That’s Bristol Bay—one of the most bountiful salmon fishing regions on the planet and where we source our delicious, wild-caught sockeye salmon.
Each year, once the maximum number of salmon that the river systems can handle make it upstream to spawn, the Alaska Department of Fish and Game open up the Bristol Bay fishing waters to the indigenous tribes that have fished the region for centuries and a small number of local, family fishing operations.
We’re proud to partner with those who wild catch and sustainably harvest this salmon that you can feel good about.
How to Cook Sockeye Salmon
The ButcherBox Kitchen has your guide to easy pan-seared salmon.
Our Favorite Recipe for Sockeye Salmon
Take your salmon up a notch by brushing each fillet with butter infused with Peppadew, a South African pepper, while grilling.
Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Peppadew Butter, Asparagus and Charred TomatoesPrint Pin
- 2 ea ButcherBox Sockeye Salmon Fillet
- 1 c unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ c garlic minced
- ½ c Peppadew juice
- 1 bu parsley chopped
- 1 bu asparagus
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Place butter, parsley and garlic in food processor and blend on high.
- Slowly add Peppadew juice until butter is bright green and juice is fully incorporated. Set aside
- Preheat grill on high heat for at least 10 minutes, until grill grate is extremely hot.
- Season salmon with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Oil grill grate immediately before placing salmon skin-side down on grill.
- Brush salmon with Peppadew butter and grill for 1 minute. Turn salmon 90° and grill for 1 more minute.
- Flip salmon so skin-side is up. Brush with butter, and grill for 1 minute. Remove from grill.
- Rub asparagus and tomatoes with Peppadew butter. Grill for 5 minutes, or until lightly charred
- Remove veggies from grill and season with salt and pepper.
- Save butter in fridge for up to 1 month or well-wrapped in freezer for up to 3 months