This cut features the rich and juicy dark meat taken from the leg of the bird. The bone and skin on these chicken thighs make any recipe flourish with flavorful.
They’re tasty when roasted, braised, or thrown into a soup. And when you let the skin get crispy, it’s simply delicious.
An Easy Roasted Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 8 (about 3 pounds) chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 2 tablespoons oil, for cooking (we like avocado oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 -3 teaspoons optional spices
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Bring the chicken out of the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking and pat it dry.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, and any optional spices. Stir to coat. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet (don't crowd it).
- Place in oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken registers an internal temperature of 160°F. Turn on the broiler and place pan under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Remove chicken from oven and rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.