The king of steaks just got king-sized. Our grass-fed, grass-finished boneless ribeye roast is one tender hunk of meat.
Cut from the center of the rib section, it has a smooth, rich texture, and a pronounced beefy flavor.
We like to pop it fat side up in a roasting pan for a big Sunday dinner. You can also indulge in the flavor for longer by slicing it into smaller steaks to use all week long.
Our Favorite Recipe for Ribeye Roast
This ribeye roast has only a few ingredients, letting the meat be the star.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ribeye Roast
- ¼ c garlic minced
- ¼ c shallots minced
- ¼ c Dijon mustard
- ¼ c fresh thyme picked and chopped
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Rub all over ribeye roast, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Discard plastic wrap and place roast on wire rack set on sheet pan.
- Season with additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and bring to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
- Roast on center rack in oven for 90 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 110℉.
- Remove from oven and rest for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- 40 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 425°F.
- For medium-rare, roast for 20 more minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Ribeye Roast – For Special Occasions, Sunday Dinner, or Anytime