The centerpiece of your next dinner party, ribeye roasts are both impressive in size and deliciousness! Pairing it with a caramelized onion orange butter makes it that much more interesting – the caramelized onion adds depth and smoothness, while the orange adds a bright, piquant touch.
Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion Orange ButterPrint
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ribeye Roast
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
Caramelized Onion Orange Butter
- 1 medium onion sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz grass-fed butter room temperature
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp parsley chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Mix rub ingredients and rub all over Ribeye Roast. Place in fridge uncovered at least 1 hour or up to a day ahead.
- Heat cast iron pan on low heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter and add sliced onions. Cook slowly until caramelized, then add balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid is gone. Cool completely.
- Place caramelized onions, orange zest, parsley, salt and pepper in food processor and pulse until blended. Add remaining butter and pulse until smooth. Store refrigerated in airtight container until ready to use.
- Take ribeye out of fridge 1 hour before roasting and set on wire rack on baking tray until it reaches room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place ribeye in center of oven and cook until internal temperature is 110°F, about 2 - 2 ½ hours. Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil. It can rest outside of the oven for up to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place ribeye back in oven and roast until internal temperature reaches 125°F, about 30 minutes. At this time take orange butter out of the refrigerator.
- Let rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with room temperature caramelized onion orange butter.