Last Updated on February 1, 2021
Chocolate, bacon, and peanut butter? Come on. This decadent combination brings the perfect mix of salty, sweet, and savory together in a bite-sized mouthful that can’t be resisted. These tasty treats are surprisingly simple and a great addition to any friendly gathering.
- 1 package ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 16 ounce jar peanut butter
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 12 ounce bag dark or milk chocolate chips for melting
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place bacon on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip bacon strips and cook for another 5 minutes or until crispy. Let cool before finely chopping. Set aside.
- Combine together peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Add finely chopped crispy bacon except for ¼ cup.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon scoop peanut butter mixture and roll into balls. Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate chip in a double boiler.
- Set chilled peanut butter ball on a fork and fully dip in melted chocolate. Carefully place back on baking sheet and sprinkle a little bit of reserved bacon on top. Once all balls have been dipped and garnished place back in refrigerator to set, approximately 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator in an air tight container, up to 2 weeks.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.