Last Updated on August 26, 2022
When you need a comforting bowl of soup on a cold day, try this one that features creamy-smooth cauliflower and potatoes with smoky bacon.
- 6 slices ButcherBox Bacon medium dice
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 ea russet potato peeled, medium dice
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 6 c vegetable broth can substitute with water, chicken stock or milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Once pot is hot, sauté bacon and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes and cauliflower are fork-tender.
- Using an immersion blender puree soup. For a chunky rustic soup simply use a potato masher to mash vegetables. For a smoother silky soup use a stand blender to puree. For a creamer richer soup substitute either half or all of the stock with milk, cream or your favorite nut milk.
- Season to taste with extra kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- Serve cauliflower bacon soup with a simple green salad for a light dinner or lunch. Enjoy!
Calories: 79kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 2080mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 751IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.