When you need a comforting bowl of soup on a cold day, try this one that features creamy-smooth cauliflower and potatoes with smoky bacon.
- 6 slices ButcherBox Bacon medium dice
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 ea russet potato peeled, medium dice
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 6 c vegetable broth can substitute with water, chicken stock or milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large stock pot over medium-low heat. Once pot is hot, sauté bacon and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes and cauliflower are fork-tender.
- Using an immersion blender puree soup. For a chunky rustic soup simply use a potato masher to mash vegetables. For a smoother silky soup use a stand blender to puree. For a creamer richer soup substitute either half or all of the stock with milk, cream or your favorite nut milk.
- Season to taste with extra kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed.
- Serve cauliflower bacon soup with a simple green salad for a light dinner or lunch. Enjoy!