Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Bacon is perfect on its own. But, we’ve found that a little dash of sugar can create a candied bacon treat that adds a bit of sweet to the savory flavor of bacon. This recipe kicks our candied bacon recipe up a notch with a hint of spice. Enjoy this Cajun candied bacon recipe as a snack, an appetizer, or a garnish for your favorite Bloody Mary.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning substitute: Southwest seasoning
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sugar and cajun seasoning together and set aside.
- Lay out bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Par-cook bacon for 10 minutes.
- While bacon is in the oven set up another parchement-lined baking sheet and sprinkle ⅓ of sugar mixture evenly on it.
- After 10 minutes, transfer par-cooked bacon onto second baking sheet and then sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on each slice of bacon. Place back in oven for another 8 minutes.
- Let cool after removing from the oven before enjoying!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.