Bacon is perfect on its own. But, we’ve found that a little dash of sugar can create a candied bacon treat that adds a bit of sweet to the savory flavor of bacon. This recipe kicks our candied bacon recipe up a notch with a hint of spice. Enjoy this Cajun candied bacon recipe as a snack, an appetizer, or a garnish for your favorite Bloody Mary.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning substitute: Southwest seasoning
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix sugar and cajun seasoning together and set aside.
- Lay out bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Par-cook bacon for 10 minutes.
- While bacon is in the oven set up another parchement-lined baking sheet and sprinkle ⅓ of sugar mixture evenly on it.
- After 10 minutes, transfer par-cooked bacon onto second baking sheet and then sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on each slice of bacon. Place back in oven for another 8 minutes.
- Let cool after removing from the oven before enjoying!